Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Thanksgiving" in March

Turnip Greens
Tukey Burgers














In cleaning out my pantry, I found a can of cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving.  I thought I should probably use that, and then I remembered a "creation" I had made a while ago and hadn't re-created.  It's a cream cheese filled turkey burger topped with cranberry sauce.   I served this with roasted, diced sweet potatoes and garlic sauteed turnip greens (as my garden is over-flowing with them).  It was like Thanksgiving all over again----but much simpler!

Turkey Burger Recipe:
1 lb. ground turkey
pinch of sage
pinch of salt and pepper
1 clove garlic
1/4 c. finely diced onion

4 T. cream cheese
cranberry sauce (canned, homemade, whatever you like)

Combine everything, minus the cream cheese and cranberry sauce.  Shape into four patties.  When you're forming the patties, leave a little "pocket", and put about one tablespoon of cream cheese in each patty.  Cover the pocket with the meat, so it's enclosed (if a little seeps out it's ok).  Cook the burgers on the grill or stove top griddle.....Mine took probably 8 mins. each side on a medium heat.  I then topped each burger with some cranberry sauce....I did no bun, but you could definitely serve this on a bun, and it'd be delicious!
***To make this even simpler, you could simply put the cream cheese on top of the burger right before it's done cooking, rather than creating the pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment