Friday, March 9, 2012

Citrus Fruit Dip

For the ladies coming over tonight I'm hosting with Fiesta-inspired snacks, including guacamole, mango salsa, layered bean dip, and coronas :)  I wanted a sweet treat, and I love making a "Margarita" Fruit dip.  The Easy (for non-phx people, that's my fave store Fresh and Easy) doesn't sell limeade, so that was out.  But I "created" a new dip.  Here's the recipe:

-8 oz. cream cheese softened (or I used neufchatel this time)
-a tub of cool whip, thawed (would work with homemade whip cream, too)
-2 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed

Combine all the ingredients, and then top with a little orange zest if you have it on hand.  To make the original "Margarita" Dip, it's the exact same except you subsitute limeade concentrate for the OJ concentrate. 

Tonight I'm serving the dip with some lemon pound cake, grapes, and honey-wheat pretzels (I personally like the sweet and salty combo).  In the past I've done strawberries, bananas, and mango.  Just use what you have on hand or is in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment