Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Furniture Polish

On Friday I'm hosting an "event" in which I'm going to show some friends how to make their own cleaning products.  I planned the event about a month ago, and in the meantime, I've been "testing" the products.  All of them work great, although I do plan to tweak the liquid dish soap recipe a little.  One product I hadn't tried yet, but just tried yesterday, was home-made furniture polish.  You just need three things: a spray bottle, some olive oil, and some lemon juice.  Since we live in AZ, lemons are all over the place right now, and Tyson brought some home from work.  So I just squeezed one medium size lemon to get 1/4 cup, and then I added 1/2 cup olive oil.  Ta-da.  I was so impressed with the shine factor.  This is my favorite "cleaner" I've made so far.  You can make as little or as much as you want.  I started with a little just to see how it works.  As long as you keep the proper ratio-1 part lemon juice to 2 parts olive oil- it'll be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment