Monday, March 26, 2012

Lavender-Rosemary Lemonade

My mother-in-law is a great cook, and she makes the BEST lemon drops, as they are infused with rosemary.  This cocktail inspired my afternoon refreshment (don't worry, I wasn't drinking on the job).  I made a (alcohol-free) Lavender-Rosemary Lemonade, as I just planted said herbs yesterday and was blessed with lemons from a friend's tree. 

Step one: Put 2 or 3 sprigs of rosemary and/or lavender in a sauce pan, along with two cups of water and about half cup sugar (I used a combination of agave surup and raw sugar).  Simmer for awhile...I think I left it on the stove for about 1 hour.  Allow to cool to room temperature.

Step two:  Juice about 4 or 5 lemons.  And combine this with your infused water (take the sprigs out at this point, too). 

Step three:  Add some ice and enjoy.  If you need it sweeter, add sugar.  If it's too strong, add a little water.  If you want a "fun drink", I'd suggest adding Vodka :)  or Gin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment