Thursday, March 22, 2012

Popcorn

I LOVE popcorn.  And it's great that I do, as air-popped popcorn is a yummy, preservative-free snack (or dinner when Tyson's gone).  Madeline is following the generational trend--Grandma, mom, daughter--and loves it, too.  Tonight, since Tyson was gone, Madeline and I had a little popcorn feast.  We started out with a savory popcorn and ended on a newly-created sweet note.  It was delicious, and we ate carrots to make it a more "balanced" meal.

First Course: Olive Oil and Salted Popcorn
I used my air-popper and popped a big bowl's worth.  While it was popping, I heated about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in the microwave for about 15 seconds.  I drizzled this over the popcorn, then sprinkled some sea salt on top, and stirred it around.  Delicious.

Second Course: Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn
Then I was craving a little sweet something and thought cinnamon and sugar would be yummy on popcorn---it was!  Again, I used my air-popper and popped more kernels (I actually used the leftover kernels from the first batch, so as not to be wasteful).  While it was popping I mixed a little raw sugar with cinnamon and melted about 1 tablespoon butter.  I drizzled the butter, sprinkled the sugar and cinnamon, and stirred.  This was SO good.  I don't know why I've never tried this before!  It was reminiscent of kettle corn and so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment