Monday, April 30, 2012

Bath Salts and Body Scrub

With a birthday coming up (I won't name who in case she's reading this!) and Mother's Day, I decided to craft a couple items. 

The first was Bath Salts.  Super Simple.  Got it from Martha, who is usually over the top, so was excited when this was a very easy "recipe":

Homemade Bath Salts

In a large bowl, mix to combine: 6 parts coarse sea salt; 3 parts epsom salts, to soothe tired muscles and reduce inflammation; and 1 part baking soda, to soften waters and alleviate skin irritation. Add a few drops of essential oils (I used peppermint and rosemary).

I used old spice jars since I wanted a nice size for a gift.  I then added a cute label and some ribbon.  I even glued on a button for extra fun :)



Next I made Brown Sugar Body Scrub.  Again, very simple, and it makes your skin feel nice.  Just use once a week or so as an exfoliator.  Can even use on face.  And you can even eat it :)

Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Mix together one part brown sugar and one part white sugar.  Add a drop of vanilla.  Add enough oil (I used mix of canola and olive, but can use whatever) to lubricate....You want to add just enough for it to come together as you stir.  (over time the oil will separate, but just stir it back together)

I used an old jelly jar, again applied a cute sticker, clued on a little fabric on top, and tied ribbon around.


No comments:

Post a Comment