Monday, April 23, 2012

Eggs for Dinner

I found a great deal on organic eggs the other day, so I stocked up.  Since it's been so hot, I haven't wanted to bake.  Eggs for dinner it was.

Here's what I did.

Step one: Saute any veggies you have on hand.  I did mushrooms, green pepper, onion, and greens from the garden (yes my turnips and beets keep going crazy with greens!).  I added a little garlic, lemon pepper, and italian seasoning for flavor.  Spread this mixture into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350.

Step two: Beat eggs.  I did 6 whole eggs and 4 whites.  I added a splash of milk, too.  To make it kinda quiche-like I added about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (but not necessary). 

Step three: Pour eggs over veggies, and bake for about 35-45 minutes.

***Could definitely add cheese if you want.
***Could also just do this stove-top style.  Just pour eggs into your saute pan with veggies and scramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment