Monday, April 16, 2012

Madeline's Party

It's taken me awhile to post about some of the "creations" I made for Madeline's 2nd Birthday: Peter Rabbit Garden Party. 

Invites:
I looked all over the web for cute Peter Rabbit invitations.  All I could find were either just generic invites or customized ones that would have been $100 (sorry Madeline for being cheap).  So I used VistaPrint to create my own, borrowing from ideas I saw.

Sorry, not techie enough to figure out how to rotate this!


Decor:
I was attempting to make tissue-paper "fairy balls", but mine didn't look right, so they became tissue paper flowers:

For fun eatery, I had found on a Family Fun webiste how to make "carrots" that are actually green eating utensils-plastic fork, spoon, knife- wrapped inside an orange napkin.  You then tie a little green pipe-cleaner for effect:






 Party Favors:
 I found mini, clay flower pots at Dollar Tree.  Since it was close to Easter, I placed seeds in a plastic egg, used a popsicle stick as a plant marker, and then topped off the girls' pots with a felt flower clip.  I also wrote the kids' names on the pots using awesome 90's puff paint.


1 comment: