Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Apricot-Coconut Bites

Inspired by a recipe on the afore-mentioned site "Chocolate Covered Katie", I created these yummy, gluten-free and vegan (for those who are on restricted diets) treats.

Ingredients:
-2/3 cups dried apricots
-3 T. almonds (or really any nut; I used a combo of cashews and almond)
-1 tsp. coconut oil, optional
-coconut flakes, optional

Blend everything in food processor to combine.  You want it to be a consistency that you can shape into balls, so if not sticky enough add more dried fruit.  Roll into bite size balls, and then roll in the coconut if you like.  And then eat!



The recipe I was adapting from uses dates, not apricots.  That was good, but a little too sweet for me.  Apricots are a little less sweet.  I think you could really use any dried fruit, or even a combo.  And same with nuts.  I think these would be good with a combination of any nuts....maybe even salted to give a sweet-salty kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment