Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yummy Way to Start the Day, pt. 2

There's only a few things I like to eat in the morning (the rest of the day is no problem!), so when I find something I like, it's a staple.  One of my favorite breakfasts, especially in summer, is fresh fruit drizzled with nut butter.  It sounds a little strange, but once you try it, you'll be hooked!

To make:
Just place in a bowl bite size bits of your favorite fruits.  I usually prefer a combination of banana and berries.  Grapes are good, too.  I don't know if citrus fruits would be the best, but anything you have is good...peaches, apples, whatever. 

Then you just scoop a little nut butter and drizzle on top....now sometimes the nut butter is clumpy, so you just have to kinda stir to get it softer.  Any nut butter works.  My favorite is Hazelnut Butter, but I've only found this in Oregon and Germany, so here in AZ, I stick with Almond Butter or Peanut Butter.
***For extra energy I sometimes add some ground flax meal on top.

This is a yummy, nutritious meal, and soon to be a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment