Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthday Carrot Cake

I'm not ashamed to admit, I made myself a cake for my birthday.  Some might question why I didn't let my husband make it, but if you've heard of the "Tortuna" then you'd know why....

I found a recipe for Carrot Cake (my fave) on Food Network's site, under Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa).  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/carrot-and-pineapple-cake-recipe/index.html

I did not healthify anything--it was my birthday after all!--- although I did use coconut oil in place of vegetable oil.  The only other change I made was I added a layer of apricot jam in the middle (carrot cake is so much better with this little surprise!). 

No, that is not my chubby little hand

Mads is starting off early: going straight for frosting, just like momma!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps he can make you a leftover carrot cake burrito?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'd call it "Tortuna: Birthday Style"...I will not mention this to him because he just might try it!!!

    ReplyDelete