Friday, May 18, 2012

Black Bean Brownies

I heard of this on some running website, and to be honest, I was a little skeptical (I don't really like my desserts being messed with!).  But after trying recipes that incorporate garbanzo beans and noting how moist and dense the beans make the recipe, I figured I'd give it a try.  Here's what you do:

Ingredients:
One can black beans (I used "no salt added" can)
One package of your fave brownie mix (I used Girhadelli's Dark Chocolate brownies)

Directions:
Put the can's entire contents (liquid and all) into a blender or food processor.  Puree until smooth.  Then stir this in with the brownie mix until well combined.

Follow the brownie box's baking directions (and if you're like me, slightly undercook so they're gooey).

Let cool, and then enjoy a healthier alternative.  You can tell that it's slightly different, but I think they're pretty good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment